CHAPTER XXII - AMENDMENTS OF RULES
AMENDMENTS OF RULES
(1) Unless the Speaker otherwise directs, not less than ten clear days’ notice of a motion for leave to amend these rules shall be given.
(2) The notice under sub-rule (1) shall be accompanied by the amendment proposed.
(3) The amendment shall be included in the List of Business for a day immediately falling the expiry of the period of notice.
(4) (a) If the Speaker of the opinion that the motion is in order, he shall read out the contents of the motion and put the question whether the member has the leave of the Assembly.
(b) If not less than one-fifth of the total membership of the rises in their seats, the Speaker shall announce that the leave is granted and the member shall move the motion.
(5) A member may move that the proposed amendment be referred to the Committee on Rules of Procedure and Privileges and if the motion is carried, the matter shall be referred to the Committee.
(1) The Rules of Procedure of the Provincial Assembly of Sindh, 1973 are hereby repealed.