CHAPTER XIV - ORDINANCES
119. LAYING OF ORDINANCES:–
Law Department shall forward to the Secretary of the Provincial Assembly, the Ordinance(s) to be laid before the Provincial Assembly which shall be deemed to be a Bill(s) introduced in the Provincial Assembly and the provisions of these rules, as far as may be, shall apply to such Bill.
120. RESOLUTION FOR DISAPPROVAL OF ORDINANCES:–
(1) As soon as may be after the commencement of a session, all Ordinances made and promulgated after the prorogation of the last session shall be laid on the Table of the House.
(2) A member may, move a Resolution for disapproval of an Ordinance under sub-clause (a) of clause (2) of Article 128 of the Constitution, after giving three days clear notice.
(3) Where more notices than one under sub-rule (2) are given in respect of the same Ordinance, the resolutions shall be taken up on the private members’ days in the order in which their notices have been received.
(4) If a resolution disapproving is passed, all other resolutions relating to that Ordinance shall lapse.
(5) When a resolution is passed under sub-rule (4), the Secretary shall immediately cause it to be published in the Gazette and also forward a copy of the notification to the Law Department.
121. RESOLUTION FOR EXTENSION OF ORDINANCES:–
(1) In pursuance of first proviso to sub-paragraph (i) of paragraph (a) of clause (2) of Article 89 of the Constitution, a member or a Minister may, after giving three days’ notice, move a resolution for extension of an Ordinance for a further period of one hundred and twenty days.
(2) Where more notices than one under sub-rule (1) are given, the resolutions shall be taken up in the order in which their notices have been received, and if one of the resolution is passed, all other resolutions relating thereto shall lapse.
(3) When a resolution is passed, the Secretary shall immediately cause it to be published in the Gazette and also transmit a copy thereof to the Governor and Law Department.
122. CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF CHAPTER XV TO APPLY:–
The provisions of rules 128 and 135 shall apply to resolutions under this Chapter.